Are you planning to start swim lessons for your dearest baby or do you need swimming lessons tips for babies?
Then you are in the right place. Here you will get the details to guide the essential swimming lesson tips for babies.
Most baby loves to play in the water. Watching them laughing, grinning, and splashing water is one of the cutest sight ever.
As a parent, you must want to spend some quality time with your babies. Swimming lessons hour can be an excellent time to enjoy. The swimming period is not actual swimming lessons training; rather, it is more fun and playtime.
You will get two prime benefits if you put your baby into the water at a very early age.
First, you can have a good time with your baby. This will build a special bond between the baby and parents. Plus, it will be your beloved cherish memory with your kid.
Second, your baby gets used to the water. During the fun period, eventually, he/ she will develop some technique to float. It will help them keep swimming for some time if they accidentally fall into the water. Thus, it manages some time to rescue the victim.
But as a new parent, many people first fight with some issues. Like:
When should I start to swim lessons for a baby? Or how do I prepare my baby for swimming lessons?
You will find the solutions to all of your questions in this article.
First thing first.
Best Age For Child To Learn To Swim
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), babies can start swim lessons at four years old.
Some parents start swimming lessons for their infants when they only 6 months old. But research shows, infant swim lessons will not help them much. But they learn some reflexive movements.
So, if they suddenly fall into the water, they don’t panic. They do some movements that help them keep floating for some time. So, parents get some time to rescue the baby.
This infant swimming lesson is known as Infant Self Rescue (ISR) swimming. So, as concern parents, you can start ISR training for your baby. But it is mandatory to remember that ISR swimming can not make baby completely drowning proof.
If you arrange ISR training for your baby, then you must arrange the main swimming lesson after four years old. It is the average age that almost all baby is ready to start.
All the baby’s emotional and physical maturity is not the same. Therefore, all babies can not start swimming at the same age. Before beginning the swimming lesson, make sure your baby is physically and mentally ready for the big step.
Now let’s see some useful tips on how you can get ready for your baby swimming.
All Essential Swimming Lessons Tips For Babies
New parents often cannot understand what they need to look for their baby swimmers. To remove their sufferings, here are some suggestions for you.
- Find out an experienced, skillful instructor near you for your baby.
- Get the baby comfortable with water.
- Play with your baby at the water.
- Come first on the first day. Get the baby used to with environment.
- Don’t feed your baby immediately before the lesson.
- Make sure the water is clean and germ-free.
- It is a must to always do an in-touch monitor to your baby.
- Don’t leave your baby merely one second alone in the water.
- Please don’t push your baby so hard. Let them make slowly ease with water.
- Parents should also learn about CPR and Water Safety Rules.
- Don’t get a false impression that swim lessons will completely protect your baby.
- Don’t leave any colorful things floating on the pool water, as color attracts baby. It may cause an accident.
some most of the relevant gears you should bear while swimming. The list is given below-
- Swimsuits for you and your baby (for the parents-baby lesson)
- Swimming diaper and regular diaper
- Two dry cloths
- A dry set of clothes for your baby
- Water, juice, and snacks (your baby will be hungry after the lesson
- Moisturizer lotion (Chlorine water may dehydrate the body)
- Soap and shampoo (Some parents like to give a quick bath after swimming experience to get off the chlorinated water from the little one’s body)
These are some general guidelines for all ages of babies. Now time to see some tips, especially for the different age groups.
Swimming Lesson Tips For Babies (0 To 2 Years)
This age or swimming lessons for babies 3 months is very sensitive for baby swimming lessons, here are some tips for you. Let’s see the c tips-
- Always keep your baby in arms.
- It is not wise to submerge any child below 3 years old. They can swallow water and develop chemical dilution in the blood.
- Use 2 diapers as a safety. Put a disposable diaper and over it a swimming diaper.
- This age is not ideal for learning to swim. You can put the baby into the water to introduce them with water.
- The infants may drown even in thirty seconds. So, never put them alone for a moment.
Swimming Lesson Tips For Babies (2-3 Years)
Usually, the baby is more curious and active at this age. You can play some fun games with the toddler. A ball to catch or make them kicking in the water. You can show them how to make a bubble with a mouth.
Also, these ages are not appropriate for the main swimming lesson.
- As the baby develops confidence, he/she may not fear water anymore. They can run towards the sea. So you need to be more careful. Managing a toddler is more challenging than managing an infant.
- Keep the pool gate lock and out of their reach.
- Don’t let them play around the water.
- Don’t give the baby any floating toy or devices. They can attract babies and can cause an accident.
- Don’t leave any toys or exciting things floating in the water. That makes them attracted to the water.
Swimming Lesson Tips For Babies (4 To 5 Years)
Usually, these age group babies are ready for a mainstream swim lesson. Its training will start in shallow water. He/she can learn to float independently. He/ she will learn to guide into the water with necessary associated hand and legs movement.
- You need not hold him/her all the time in the water. But put them in your arm range.
- Some babies may get frightened at first and hate to get their hair and face. Make them easy with water.
- Frequently praise them positively.
- If your baby can not cope with other children, don’t mad at the little fellow. Talk with them and try to find out what is their biggest fear.
- Elders monitoring is necessary.
Important of Baby Swimming Lessons
There are many important of swimming lessons, especially for the babies swimming lessons is crucially needed for the babies. This is not only life savings skills but also helps us in various ways. The benefits are pointed below-
- Baby swimming is a whole-body exercise
- It makes our bones more strong and energetic.
- It helps to grow our body and mind.
- Baby swimming makes the baby more active in regular activities.
- It makes the strong bond and relation between baby and parents
- It directly helps in education.
- Baby swimming lessons help to a safe learning skill
- It helps our social behavior
Drowning is the number one cause of death. So, it is appreciable to teach them swimming lessons as a matter of their safety. A parent-baby experience can bring you immense pleasure and satisfaction to play into the water.
Swimming lessons, along with safety awareness, save the baby from fatal drowning.
Research shows that a baby who takes swimming lessons is more active and smart than others. Also, their social behavior develops so well.
From childhood, they grow up in a healthy environment. That makes them physically fit and healthy. The importance of swimming lessons for babies is widespread.
And undoubtedly, you don’t want to lose the pleasure of spending time with your baby. But always keep in mind that an adult should monitor the baby in the water.
So, sign up for your little angle and enjoy it!